Silent Scaffold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legerman Academy

+2
Darkel
Celo the Impossible
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Legerman Academy - Page 2 Empty Re: Legerman Academy

Post by Darkel Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:21 am

Ira smiled to Noxis, nodding quickly. "Sure thing, you seem cool," he said. He didn't mind having any roommate, to be honest. He wasn't that picky, and he was a loner anyways. He needed someone who would engage him socially, but not be a burden. This guy seemed right and he smiled in agreement. "That's a cool power, by the way," he said. "Sounds pretty dangerous. I'd wreck myself the first day," he laughed. "I hope you do good with it," he added, smiling.

Delphine smiled at Honey. "Oh, you'd be fine as a roommate," she said. She wasn't sure how she felt about the plants, then just assumed it couldn't possibly be like an actual jungle. Then she figured she was just being uptight, too picky, and shook the thoughts out of her head. She continued to smile, "I'm sure the plants and all aren't that bad, besides I grew up in a somewhat rural area. We had lots of wildlife. Nothing I'm not used to, and it may feel more like home," she added. "Well let's see... I suppose I could tell you what I'm here for. I guess I'm not like most Form-changers... Mostly because I can't actually change forms. All I can do is change the forms of other people around me. I guess I probably could've been an Intellectual too, considering it's based on a kind of telepathic command. But at registration, in my inspection, they told me I fit much better in this class. Although I can't change my own form, sometimes I have side effects. Usually when I'm feeling particularly emotional, my skin will change colors like a chameleon," she giggled, somewhat anxiously. "When I'm angry my skin turns red, when I'm sad it turns blue, scared is white, happy is green. It goes on," she said, grinning. "And there's a ton of other side effects too, but eh, I'm sure you'll know them eventually." With that she closed her statement and subconsciously scratched and patted her scar, not even knowing she was trying to cover it up out of embarrassment. It had become instinctual after so long, and she felt so humiliated by it. Even so, her mind was on Honey and Scylla alone now.

"So that's me," she said, chuckling.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

https://silentscaffold.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:02 am

Scylla looked up and shrugged, “It could be worse; you can send commands using your powers without needing something else to help you do it.” He held up his flute, “I need this awful-sounding thing to do anything special, and if someone takes it, I’m pretty much limited to running away as fast as my legs can carry me.” He grinned wickedly, “Of course, after about two hours, it inevitably comes back. You can break it, burn it, watch it with cameras and hold it in a clenched fist while staring, but eventually, it comes back.” He laughed quietly, as though he had outsmarted something, before he seemed to grow more serious, and set the flute down in front of him, “Actually, though, I’m not much stronger than anyone else here. My powers are complicated to put into words, so it makes it even harder for me to really explain why.”

He tapped his pen on the desk again, “If I were to put things in a nutshell…when I play my flute, think of it as a kind of switch. Like this, the way I am right now, I have weak Sensory-class powers, just enough to find people within a short radius. When I play the flute, though, I can use all my other powers. I change forms when I’m performing, and the music also summons a kind of…puppet…” He waved his free hand as though trying to beckon the right words so that he didn’t confuse people, “I can move really fast in my other form,” He found the words, “-and the puppet has a very, very long blade.”

Scylla then fell silent for a few moments, before finishing with tapping his pen, aware that it would probably start to bug someone, “It sounds a little more like something out of a weird fiction novel, but that’s a basic summary of my powers. You’ll probably see me use it in the future, if we wind up training together, so I’m not too worried about going into extreme detail.” He then looked at Honey, “That in mind, you talked about your powers relating to plants, but what can you do, specifically, relating to actual, active abilities?” He asked.

Honey shrugged, “I don’t know if they’re really active powers, they’re just inherent abilities I’ve had for as long as I can remember. I can lift twice my body weight on any given day, probably more if I trained for it. I can swim faster than a human, I can hold my breath a lot longer, and I can climb trees and rocky surfaces like a squirrel.” She thought for a bit, and then added, “I can also echolocate, but that was because I taught myself how to do it. It works, though.” She sighed, “It’s not really anything spectacular, but I guess you could say that I can go wherever I want. If I want to be somewhere, I’ll get there eventually.” She finished.

She looked at Delphine, “Your ability sounds really interesting, because it isn’t like a traditional form-class power. If someone wanted to mess with you, though, you could do something really dramatic to them, and it would probably throw them completely off-balance. Some form-class people are shape-shifters, so they’re used to having their bodies change suddenly, but for people who aren’t accustomed to that, it would make it hard for them to do anything.” Honey, in fact, being right next to Delphine, had noticed that the spot she was scratching on her face was actually a scar, and that she had hidden it behind a thick layer of makeup. It was probably a nervous tic, and Honey figured, seeing the fact that she had actively hidden it, Delphine would not appreciate someone asking how she had gotten it.

Scylla shuffled his papers, trying to make the packet look a little neater; crooked staples drove him mad, but there weren’t any staplers that he could see, so he was stuck trying to force it to look perfect, but with no success. He looked at it as though it were making him irritated, before pushing the stack down on the table and looking up, as though trying not to focus on the work in front of him, “At any rate, if you started changing colors or suffered from any other weird side effects, it wouldn’t make us see you any different. People tease me because I don’t wear any color at all.”

“Face it, you leave yourself wide open to that,” Honey said, tilting her head while raising one brow, “You told me you didn’t have anything else, anyway. Your whole wardrobe and preferred décor scheme is probably monochrome.”

“Well, I imagine you wear nothing but leaf and floral-prints, and limit yourself to rooms with large windows.” Scylla countered, although there was no hostility in it. The fact that he didn’t deny it, though, suggested that Honey had hit the nail on the head.

Honey suppressed a laugh, “Touché.” She replied. By this point, any anxiety that she might have had was gone. She turned to Delphine, “I do wear a lot of floral-prints, but let’s face it, if I tried to wear something dull, I’d probably look like I jumped out of a fairytale.”
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:21 am

Delphine smiled, "I just wear whatever I feel like, whether it's dressy or casual. Just whatever I'm in the mood for," she said. "It's rather hard for me to coordinate my wardrobe, although to be honest I've never really tried. It's all random," she said. She finally realized she was touching her scar and quickly put down her hand, though trying to be unnoticeable about it. She worried herself in her mind that she had rubbed some of the makeup off and paranoia twisted her gut into a balloon animal. She sat, tapping her foot on the ground.

"But as far as color goes, you'll usually only see a couple colors. I'm not a hugely emotional person, and I'm simple. I don't let my emotions affect me, if I have them. So every once in a while when I go off the deep end and lose my temper, my skin might turn deep red, or maybe green if it's a good day, but it's hard to stir my emotions," she said, laughably. "I actually have been able to hinder opponents with my power before, even if just for a short time. The best way I've found is to elongate their legs slightly, or their toes, throwing them off balance. I've even went as far as turning their shins down into noodles basically, keeping them from running," she smiled. "It only lasts as long as I can concentrate though, unless I've exerted enough power that it takes an hour to wear off."
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

https://silentscaffold.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:51 am

Honey contemplated the thought, “Well, we better not make you mad, then.” She finally concluded. She grinned again, having to remind herself not to show any teeth, although her biggest smiles typically did, “Of course, I’d kind of be scared of making anyone in this whole place angry. With all the different powers Changelings can have, I’m not taking any chances.” She then tapped her plant pot, which she had neatly set to the side, far from the table’s edge. “Me? I’m good with anyone, as long as they don’t hurt my flowers, or contaminate my culturing jars on purpose.”

Scylla looked up, frowning, “Yeah, I remember seeing a box with a biohazard sign on it. Not that it really looked like something that would contain dangerous bacteria or viruses, but I think a few people were edgy when they saw it.”

Honey twitched an ear, impulsively playing with the silvery-white roots of her plant, which seemed to respond to her fingers with tentacle-like movement, “Well, I don’t just raise plants the traditional way. There’s a scientific technique that can be used to clone them from small samples of tissue. A part of that involves a clean, sterile environment, along with plant hormones.” She tilted her head, “That in mind, the reason there’s a biohazard sign is because I don’t want people messing with the hormone powders. They’re plant hormones, and although a household cleaner is more dangerous, they’re expensive, and can be bad for you if you aren’t watching it.” Her ears lowered, “Also…the plants in that box…they aren’t ready to be exposed to germs yet.”

“Well, it sounds like we have a mad scientist on our hands.” Scylla clapped his hands and then proceeded to shuffle his papers for the fifth time in a row. “What other weird experiments do you do?” He asked.

Honey frowned thoughtfully, “Well…I took a tiny leaf from this and tried to clone it.” She gestured to her mutant plant, “…the result was….well….” She shrugged, “It was chamomile.”

Scylla chuckled slightly, “I find that hard to believe.” He finally said.

Honey scowled, “I don’t want to hear that from someone who plays a teleporting instrument.”

“Good point, good point,” Scylla held up his hands in surrender.

Honey did not let the chance slip by to throw the ball into Scylla’s field, “Well, if you’re so interested in my plant obsession, what do you do for fun?” She asked.

Scylla thought for a moment, “Let’s see…” He hummed for a moment, tapping his pen frantically, while drumming a foot under the table, before abruptly stopping both, “Well, I read law books and research papers, I watch the stock markets, I look up recipes that I might want to try cooking later, I dust the furniture and mop the floors, I do the laundry, I clean the dishes and-“

Honey cut him off, “You sound like a lawyer crossed with a homemaker.” She said, deadpan.

Scylla, at first looking at Honey with shock in mid-sentence, suddenly broke into hysterical laughter. It took him a very long time to recover, and by that time, he was red in the face, holding his side as though his ribs hurt, “You said it. You actually said it.” He finally managed to calm down, before saying with a chuckle, “I can’t help it. If anything’s out of order, it’ll drive me crazy.”

“I can tell. You’ve been fussing over crooked staples in your packet; why else would you keep shuffling the papers, when they aren’t going to move much?” Honey pointed out that Scylla was already shuffling them for the sixth time, unconsciously. It then occurred to her that she might have made the mistake of revealing that she was more observant of minor details than first thought. It was one thing to notice that Scylla was messing with the packet; it was another to figure out that he was doing it because it was specifically the way that it was stapled. Scylla already knew that she paid close attention to things, but Delphine didn’t.

Delphine would probably figure out by this point that Honey had likely noticed that she had a scar on her face, and was deliberately ignoring it. She had been unconsciously touching it, which would only reinforce the idea that the plant-obsessed changeling knew something. While it was true Honey had already figured out that Delphine was embarrassed about the mark, she was a bit nervous about the concept of Delphine realizing that she had given herself away. Things like this were...difficult. Honey could have pointed it out and asked, but she did not know if being silent made things any better, either.

As Scylla began to reply back in defense of his habit, Honey intensely focused her eyes on her plant, touching one of its leaves and watching it collapse down, as though shying away. Her ears continued to listen, however; her focus was easily divided in this way. She did not need to look to listen, did she? All the while, she hoped that Delphine would not perceive her silence as an act of pity. Honey was incapable of feeling pity regarding something like this; she had a fur pelt, and that was enough to be worthy of judgement by everyone she met.

Honey had no ulterior motives, and she liked Delphine, regardless of anyone else' opinions. She did not want someone who seemed like a potential friend to hate her. The very thought made her heart ache.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2