Silent Scaffold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scaffold Politics Thread

+6
thecardiackidofDCVII
Punk Rock
Odious
Celo the Impossible
Darkel
MagicHeart
10 posters

Go down

Scaffold Politics Thread Empty Scaffold Politics Thread

Post by MagicHeart Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:41 pm

Might as well remake this thread here.

(tries to think of flame war question)

Which candidate do you plan/want to support, and why?

Original.

Considering the fact that I'm not even old enough to vote, I'm not sure. I need to look into it more, but I'll post my opinion soon.
MagicHeart
MagicHeart
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Scaffold Politics Thread Empty Re: Scaffold Politics Thread

Post by Darkel Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:50 pm

Wanting Donald Trump to win. Too many reasons why for me to list them all. But to sum it up in a sentence:

He's gonna get it done.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

https://silentscaffold.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Celo the Impossible Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:26 pm

I don't want Trump to win; he is lacking in tact and thus would be terrible with foreign affairs, and along with that he seems racist and is highly comparable to Lex Luthor in his hatred for immigration, when there are no problems with immigrants "stealing" jobs so much as companies taking advantage of their willingness to work for less.

If I were to choose someone, it would be a conservative as they tend to not support abortion (though if a democratic who didn't support it ran, I would vote for them due to my preference  for their ideas of foreign affairs, economy, etc.). I don't know exactly who I would choose, currently, but I will not vote Trump. Sorry
Celo the Impossible
Celo the Impossible
Mistreated Orphan

http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Odious Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:00 pm

UK User here.
Have televised candidate debates been the norm for ages over in the US?
Odious
Odious
Electro-Industrial Musician

Back to top Go down

Post by Punk Rock Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:31 pm

Yes it has, Odious. Well, more like debates hosted on certain channels. Or over YouTube or news sites.

I don't think Trump is really worthy of presidency. He's a businessman, a good one, but he's no politician. He's terrible with foreign affairs, terrible with domestic affairs - Christ, he insults American citizens regularly ("how stupid are the people of Iowa?") - he just doesn't have the respect or wisdom to lead. As a businessman, he has people who does that for him. He might be able to make executive decisions, but a President has to do loads more than that. He makes active efforts to widen the divide between people in America and, you might think he "gets stuff done", but that divide will also become greater in Congress as well. If Congress does not have a majority agreement, nothing gets done. We've seen this happen before when the government shut down for a week.

Basically, give him a job in a financial sector. Don't put him in politics.

To respond to Celo and her anti-abortion stance: there's a very, VERY important detail you have to distinguish. There is a strong difference between "supporting abortion" and supporting a woman's right to choose. Most pro-choice advocates don't like the idea of abortion, and great very many of them wouldn't select that option if they had the opportunity to do so. However, they value a woman's right - YOUR right - to choose to do what you want with your body. The pro-life argument takes away your right to choose what to do with your body. The government is basically telling you that you can't make this health decision for yourself.

And PP doesn't just steal your fetus, by the way. You have options on what to do with it.
Punk Rock
Punk Rock
Not Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by MagicHeart Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:42 pm

Looking at Primary results I predict that Trump and Hillary will be the nominees.
(At least the primary results shown on Bing).
MagicHeart
MagicHeart
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by thecardiackidofDCVII Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:55 am

I don't agree with Trump on a lot of things (I doubt that a wall will actually be built if he wins, and we'll never be able to prevent Muslims from entering the United States,) but I admire that he stops at nothing to make his point clear and his opinion heard.  Trump won't just shut up because people tell him that the things he's saying might offend someone.  That's a quality I think more people need in this day and age where the PC Police will come and take you away if you so much as say one negative thing about anyone who isn't a White Christian Heterosexual Male.
thecardiackidofDCVII
thecardiackidofDCVII
Dank Memelord

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEGnucOZ1XBelh-cQCf3KnQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnSunny Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:30 am

Honestly I don't give a poop because I live in the Philippines, which can pretty much can also be said for the Super Bowl, Cheerios, and probably that Apple-FBI iPhone case.

But if any of those candidates hold a bias towards any Asian countries (West-Asian countries don't count because they're a heck-as-far from me), maybe I'll start to worry.
CaptnSunny
CaptnSunny
Anti-Liatrednu Protestor

Back to top Go down

Post by AlloRaptor Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:54 pm

This election serves as an IQ test for the American people, that is why I only observe what you guys are gonna do.

PS plz don't vote trump
AlloRaptor
AlloRaptor
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Celo the Impossible Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:16 pm

MagicHeart wrote:Looking at Primary results I predict that Trump and Hillary will be the nominees.
(At least the primary results shown on Bing).

Same goes for the Google results, but it appears that Cruz is catching up to Trump, and Sanders is pretty close to Clinton
If it ends up being Tump v Clinton I'm gonna internally scream and decide upon studying abroad a year earlier than previously planned bc I think I will need a break from the USA.
Of course, I won't actually plan it a year earlier but still I will be disappointed.
Celo the Impossible
Celo the Impossible
Mistreated Orphan

http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:25 am

If it becomes Trump vs Hillary I will gladly jump for joy because, while I could be wrong and haven't studied the chances concerning that match too well, I feel like Trump would win that round.

I am rooting for him anyways. He is my top pick. And I don't always agree with everything Trump says, but even if you're totally against him, I think anyone can see he's 100 times better than Clinton. Hillary is a liar, a complete scandal, and probably tons more. I could never ever trust her as president and she honestly belongs in prison. At least Trump promises to try to take the steps needed to imprison her if he's made president.

Not that I'm forcing any opinion or anything, just saying what I personally think. Feel free to disagree with me, just please don't attack me or anything.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

https://silentscaffold.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:10 am

I suppose I'll give my opinion on all of this.

First, I'll talk about Trump. I'm going to be honest, I really dislike Trump as a presidential candidate. He's bigoted, ignorant, and rude. Like Celo mentioned earlier, he is completely incompetent when it comes to international affairs, in addition to economics. For example, he wants to put massive tariffs on Chinese imports because "China is pushing us around and taking our jobs," or whatever. I'm not sure if he realizes that those manufacturing jobs exist in China for a reason, but those tariffs would outright raise prices for regular consumers and could escalate into a trade war, which nobody wants. This is just one example. I'm not even going to get started about his plans regarding ISIS and such (Killing the innocent families of terrorists? I legitimately hope this is just incitement to get votes). What Trump is suggesting would harm us both internationally and economically, and that's in addition to his outright racist immigration policies and what he's said regarding Muslims. There's a reason why people are comparing him to Hitler on a regular basis. It's rather justified in my mind. I saw a video of Mitt Romney criticizing Trump earlier (By the way, Romney is a much better politician and person than Mr. Drumpf) and he made a comment that Trump being elected would essentially be "The end of America as we know it." I have to agree with Mitt on that one, no matter how much I think he looks like the Illusive Man.

I don't want to talk about the remaining Republican candidates at length because I don't know quite as much about them, but I will say this.  Considering his past actions, I don't think Ted Cruz is much better than Trump (Though having Kevin Malone in the Oval Office would be hilarious). Marco Rubio and John Kasich are MUCH better candidates than either and I would vastly prefer to see them in the general election. To be frank, I don't think the RNC will continue to support Trump. He's jeopardizing the Republican party, and has threatened to run as an independent several times. This... is probably going to end up happening. We're likely to see a three-way race between Cruz/Rubio/Kasich, Clinton/Maaaaybe Sanders if he gets super lucky, and Trump as an independent. The Republican party will splinter, and the Democrats walk away with the election. That being said, Trump has the resources and support to pull off an independent ticket, so I honestly don't think it's out of the question that he'll try to do that. Though, it's important to note that he'll have to register as independent in states and the window for that in many is closing very quickly.

Anyways, now that my rant about the state of the Republican party is over, I'll talk about Hillary. I don't trust her. It's been said a million times, probably more - She's a liar (The hell was that bs about "being under sniper fire in Bosnia," for example? She knows the internet exists, right?), and jeopardized the security of our country because her emails had confidential information. I don't know how anyone can trust the supreme office of our country with her. She's a puppet of corporate interest, corrupt, etc. I honestly don't trust her at all and I can't see myself voting for her unless Trump is her sole opponent.

And then we come to Sanders. I agree with him socially, but economically... Some of his policies are good, some of them are going to harm the economy. That being said, I think he's the most genuine candidate out of any of them. He's consistent, at the very least (I'm looking at... everyone else, actually). I'm still not sure if I would vote for him, though I certainly will vote for him in the primary because fuck Clinton.

...By the way, has anyone made a parody of Mein Kampf titled "Mein Drumpf?" I think that would be brilliant.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnSunny Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:20 am

I'll be honest, if I was an American citizen I would bash Trump to the ground like a fly and an exterminator. However, I kinda want Trump to win because I would like my life to be more interesting.
CaptnSunny
CaptnSunny
Anti-Liatrednu Protestor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMagickan Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:43 am

I'm leaning toward Sanders.  I might be more inclined to vote for Hillary if her actions bore out her words.

And if the FBI wasn't investigating her.
DarkMagickan
DarkMagickan
High Priest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down